we have a restored feature in the admin portal in seniorleads
1. as always, we can credit a lead. When a lead is credited, two things happen.a. it is removed from the advisors accountb. since the advisor has paid in advance for leads, the advisor will get a free replacement leadc. the lead is marked "invalid" and will never be assigned to any other advisor
2. we have a different option to "unassign" a lead. YOU WILL ALmost NEVER USE THIS option. When you unassign a leada. the lead is removed from the advisors' accountb. the advisor does not get a credit. If any credit is due advisor, it needs to be processed manuallyc. the lead is made available to other advisors
Here is a situation where unassign can be used:we recently had an advisor where his account was not registered correctly.
- He wanted leads from specific zip codes.
- Instead, he was getting leads from ALL zip codes within a 10-mile radius
- he has been charged $440 for leads outside of his specific zip codes and he was credited manually by LisaI
- I then needed to remove these leads from his account with the unassign feature